A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Monday, August 07, 2006
Getting to know youuuu

How I LOVE that song. haha! Anyway today was the first ever meeting for NUSMS Exco 06/07. As Hakim our loveable president (who baba mistook for a pillar haha) mentioned, it was symbolic in a sense that the date today was 070806. 786. Bismillah. You know.

Ah oh wells.

Well it was such a LONG meeting but seriously I enjoyed every single minute of the 8 hours we were at the workspace. 8-hour meeting, balls! Everyone, I pretty much knew, except the two freshies, Haikal and Fairuz.

I especially loved the introduction of ourselves. You know I love learning about others. And introductions are the only times you will learn something about someone that you won't get to know on a daily basis. I was busy listening to all the intros that I forgot to think about my own, so my introduction was incoherent.. something like verbal diarrhoea.

Ridzwan: I think I'm the youngest among the
guys ah. I didn't have to serve NS because I was from madrasah, so they consider
me a threat to national security. [HAHAHAHA!]


(stupid ruling, btw)

Haikal: I'm not the "Ehhh, aper
sakk..giler babi.." kind of guy ah.

Hakim: Eh eh, God-conscious
society!



So after I introed myself, Muzz, Ahmad and Banz second-ed me and they talked about how we first met. Haha! I didn't exactly recall the chemistry-lab story that Ahmad narrated because I remember the first time I spoke to Ahmad was after German class and I stupidly asked him "Eh, you're the chem guy right?!" Sigh. Of all things Amy, you say these kind of things. And I'm not as scary as he described me to be okay! hahaha. Ahmad, ahmad.

Then Banz told them the story of how we met until super dramatic man! Haha!

Banz: I didn't really talk to her ah,
until we met again...

Banz+me: On the bus!
haha!

Banz: Ya, cause we both live in bukit
batok so we take 189. We waved at each other ah, then we board the bus
and she sat infront, I sat behind.

Someone: Eh ni macam love story
ajer!

Banz: Kejap kejap! Then right, she
took out a german book, so jengjengjeng...

Hakim: Pick-up line semua keluar
ah?



HAHAHHA! SIAOOOO! There was NO pick up line, thankyouverymuch. HAHAHA! But it was super funny ah, cos I remember asking Syaban about Akkusativ and he was teaching me on the bus! That much I remember ah! Ahaha. You see la! First time I talk to people, I do stupid things! Those were some great memories lah.

Oh and to further emphasize how small this world is, prior to the meeting, about 2 weeks ago (or so) Halim told me that his CD friend, Haikal was entering NUS. I realised that it was the SAME Haikal that I will be working with!

Haikal: So any questions?
Me: Where did you go for
NS?

Haikal: CD.
Me: OH! Cos my friend told me about
you!

Haikal: Huh who? -puzzled
look-

Me: Halim!
Fairuz: Oh is he a
rugger?



OMG LA! Everyone knows everyone else!!! And later I found out that Haikal's younger sister was my sister's PartA NCO! OMG LA. This world is seriously too small.

Well I just thought today was fun, getting to know new people and knowing those that I know better. Yey, I'm beginning to love all of them already.


-published at 7:56 PM.