A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Tuesday, January 09, 2007
I love MATHS!!!!

Today was the first Math Lec and it was a BLAST (although I fell asleep like, for a while because it was revision)! I realise how much I actually miss doing maths!

Well it was funny because after I did the Calculus module back in Year 1, I had expectations of this lecturer. You know, from China, horrible accent, bad english, can't understand so I end up studying the module by myself.

I mean, come on la, what do you expect, it IS a Math module after all. So those lecturers are aplenty. Plus this is a Multivariable Calculus module, so I was mentally prepared for a cannot make it lecturer.

So when the lecturer walked in, the girls behind me were already speculating if he was Chinese-chinese or Singaporean-Chinese, hoping for the latter, obviously.

The first thing the lecturer did was to flash his name and office address. Then he took the mic and cooly said,

"Good Morning everyone, as you can see from my name, I'm from Singapore."

The entire LT erupted with laughter.

Prof Tan is great. Exactly how I like my lecturers to be. Engaging, articulate, funny at times and speaks plain ol' Singaporean english without any fake accents like the Anat lecturer. Gross.


-published at 1:15 PM.