A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Sunday, January 01, 2006
So long 2005, you were great.

Before Baba doubts my faltering sanity again, by talking to a year in my entry title thinger, I must reiterate the fact that I had fun being part of 05.

Its undeniable that we are all aging by the minute. Everyone stuck in my generation wants more freedom, less parental restrain, etc etc. Everyone feels mature enough to break free and face the world on their own. Man, I just think as long as I'm living under their roof, doesn't matter if I'm 20 or 67, my business will be their business. Until I'm self sufficient, then I will be brave enough to face the world. Now, I just want to get pass second sem, man.

Anyways, back to 2005.

Well it started off, with me adjusting to being a tutor. Well, I wanted to be a dedicated tutor, wanted my kids to do well, wanted to help their grades as much as I humanly could. Alhamdulillah, when it came to their finals, they did pretty well. That felt good.

Then came the A level results, which I lost unspeakable hours of sleep over. I would wake up in the middle of the night visualising the 2 freaking Stats questions that I left blank in my F.Math paper. I imagined some old guy far, far away in Cambridge shaking his head in disapproval, often yawning in boredom whilst marking my script. That didn't feel so good. But Alhamdulillah, I'm contented with the As.

On and off after that met up regularly with the Satays, army boys can't book out, them getting extra hours for dancing in the storeroom, some getting promoted to OCS. Then it was time for Lydia to fly away to Perth.

Then, NUS! Which was great fun. Well, the people. Met some new people, grew to love some, grew to see the true colours of others, strengthened old friendships. Late night studying, chiong-ing lab reports, skipping lectures, with great company. :)

Exam time again, where it was definitely comforting to see everyone pushing everyone on. Met people who were really generous, sharing notes, etc. Had that stupid jittery feeling again when it was results time.

I finally passed my TP as well, in the midst of the exams. Like, finally!

Amongst the fun with the new friends, I couldn't possibly forget the old.

Many decisions were made, academic and non-academic. But when I was so close to ending something, someone was always there to pull me back. So I HAVE to be grateful for that.

So that's basically MY 2005. Loves it!

How was yours?


-published at 7:05 PM.