A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Monday, February 19, 2007
Whoa!

Ahh, Chinese New Year. Where do I start with it. I think its kinda weird, really. I'm 75% chinese but I really don't do anything Chinese-y other than eat (halal) chinese food (contrary to Suff's beliefs), use chopsticks and say "Wa Lao!" and other stuff in cheena ways when the time is right.

My mum is chinese but she doesn't know her real family (think along full circle family stories) and my dad's mum is chinese but she's SO melayu now I forget that she's chinese. Plus we never really were the visiting sort with my nenek's family.

Actually I don't even know them to begin with. I only know my nenek's mum/ggmother passed away and I remember seeing her like once in the hospital when I was really young and was amused at her extremely small feet.

Ah thats about it ah.

So basically I am chinese by blood but malay by everything else. -shrugs- doesn't bother me anyway.

So today being CNY and all, the roads were SO empty when we left home at 8-ish.




ONE taxi on the PIE. ONE. ONE. ONE.

Oh yeah, the parents are in a similar shade of brown. Okay let me correct that. ALL FOUR OF US WERE IN SOME HIDEOUS SHADE OF BROWN.

My mum loves wearing the same colour. She usually wears matching colours with my dad but today she decided to drag us into it as well. But my sister and I weren't feeling it man.



My tudung was almost the same shade of brown as my sister's jubah and MY jubah was the exact same colour as her tudung. Go figure. We were like walking inverses.

(She isn't really sleeping, its just for the camera)

My sister and I actually had plans to sit at different corners of the mosque once we got there.

---

A few days ago I combed my hair and there was a knot. I tugged hard on it and this came out.



Wow, thanks man.

---

I don't understand why my sister needs this ginormous amount of markers to do her bio journal.

I really don't.



Its like the same colour with 984375893274234 different shades.

Speaking of my antelope sister, have you seen her lion dance pics on her blog? HAHA! I'm proud (somehow) to say that she was one of the kepala singa-s! Totally! Now that her lion dance is over, she can't stop drumming the rhythm and acting out the moves at home.

Gross.

---

If the external publishing on Blogger is STILL not okay (its already been 2 weeks) by wednesday next week, I will move am11 some place better.

Yes, that is my final un-garang ultimatum.

Waiting for KFC to come! Yey!

Labels: ,



-published at 5:36 PM.