A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Wednesday, February 07, 2007
A walk down memory lane.

You know I have SO much work to do, but today was SUCH a great day that I think it wouldn't be just to leave it in memory. I HAVE to blog about it.

I went back to SAJC, or SAV, as it is known, today with Halim.

Honestly, I thought it was the best day I've had so far. The feeling of stepping into a school which no longer looked or felt the same, yet you feel like you can fit in, and that you belong there.

We walked through the huge gates and the first person we saw was my Physics tutor, Mr Ong.


He's in the middle.

I called him from afar. He looked up and "Heyyy! Uhh you're from the 02 or 03 batch right?? -thinks- Ahh I remember you but I can't remember your name..."

"Yah 03..Amylia.."

"Ahhh YES amylia! How are youuu!?!?"

Haha. And he proceeded to show us around the new school compound. He's really nice la.

After we reached the cafe (pronounced caff) he told us to go eat and look for him in the staff room after we're done.

Of course we went straight to say hi to makcik Zainab, our canteen makcik who immediately asked "ok nak makan???" and we were soon seated with her famous chicken chop WITH the special sauce. Just like the good ole days.

Then it was up to the teacher's room to terrorise the teachers Mwahahhaa. Halim went to look for his beloved CIkgu Zarina while I bumped into my (gorgeous) math teachers but I really was looking for my Chem tutor whom I was REALLY close to.




Yeap that's him. He should win THE most inspiring teacher award. Not only is he a good teacher, he makes it a point to actually get to know his students and it is because of that that we're close. Halim didn't take Chemistry, but the 2 of us are pretty close to this guy.


Me: -from afar- MR WONGGG!!!!!!!!

My Chem teacher: Hello!! Wah, if you never wear that (tudung), I would have given you a hug!


Haha I ♥ him! Wahoo! He was SO happy the day our results we released that we hugged each other. Haha.

He's got the BEST dress sense and he's Mr giorgio armani. He can pull off looks that many guys can't and his clothes are all really nice. Hawwwtttt.

I can still remember his second lecture. I think most of his classes were asking him why he wore a tie when he was giving his first lecture, cos usually he just wears the usual collared shirt. So during his second lecture he came in and flashed a transparency.

"WHY I WEAR A TIE"

"Well number 1. I have a lot of ties. Number 2. I look good in it.. and number 3, it really is none of your business!"

Haha! How adorable.

Bumped into my PE Teacher and another PE teacher who of course knew Halim. All the PE teachers know him because he's THE ultimate jock.

My PE Teacher is like the nicest man on earth.



Mr Tan: Oh, I'm leaving at the end of this month for China. I'm going to teach there..

Halim: What you teaching, sir?

Mr Tan: Music and drama.

Me: Huh really ah?!?!

Mr Tan: Of course not la!! PE la! HAHA!

Other PE teacher: -pokes Halim's biceps- (to me) Wah, he's bigger now ah..(impressed)

Me: Ya lor.. (but Halim acts shy and moves away from the pokes)

Other PE teacher: Aiiyyer this one big for show only. I want to touch also cannot. See? Big but for show only!

Haha!

Went to talk with the adorable Vice Principal as well.

We were walking along the Gallery and from afar, I saw some guy duck under the table. GUESS WHO IT WAS! My ultimate fave junior, HANIS! OMG What a day! I was just thinking to myself that I won't be able to see him because he's graduated but turns out that he came back to see makcik as well! Wahoo!



But I forgot one thing as I left SAV. I met ALL my teachers except my form teacher. I FORGOT to look for her! OMG! How kental am I!!!!! ARGH.




Ahhh for the first time in so long did I feel this happy and felt like I really enjoyed myself.. SAJC.. Where I met the most amazing people there could ever be, its where I call home.

I thought that since SA has moved to a new location, it won't be the same as at Malan Road. However, the fact is, I still felt like i belong there because the people were the same. The very people who made my 2 short years there very, very memorable. It didn't matter that the location was different or the buildings were newer and bigger.

The fact that the people were all the same made all the difference.

Only when the teachers are all gone, then SAJC will be but a distant memory.

Once a saint, always a saint. ♥

Labels:



-published at 11:01 PM.