A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Monday, January 16, 2006
Aus liebe zum Automobile.

Everytime I see Alfian these are the two things he will ask me.

1. -finger pointing to open mouth- "makan?"

2. "amy, when are you getting a car?"

So today was no different. Over lunch, he was telling us that we should buy a car and leave it in school. Just for travelling purposes. So no road tax and yada yada. After mentally working out the finances, he thought it was wiser to just steal a taxi and use it in school to travel from fac to fac. Dazril suggested that we provide a chauffeur service so we could earn money. A while later at the bus stop, Dazril suggested stealing a Merc taxi, taknak kalah. Baiklah, Dazril. Shah was just lazy to entertain us building our sandcastles in the air. Haha!

So while we oogled at cars that were all around campus, I fantasized about the cars I wanna drive. So here is a top 5 list. (with Merc A160 and Hyundai Getz not far behind)

5. Nissan March


This is the one I've been oogling at since I entered NUS. Its always parked outside S16 and it makes me drool. This one should preferably be in orange or green!

4. Honda Jazz!



Woohoo! My family is a big fan of Honda, and I love the jazz! Its spacious and rims will look good on it! Preferably in Red or Blue! Yeyy!

3. Suzuki Swift!


Gawd I love this car. The body, the wheels the everything. Well if I were to drive this, I'll get bigger rims. Preferably in red or black-grey.

2. Volkswagen Beetle!

Actually I prefer the Beetle Cabriolet butttttt, driving a Cabriolet in Singapore damn poser la. So lets just stick to the Beetle. Preferably in red, or lime green! Plus I love their tag line - Aus liebe zum Automobile: For the love of the Automobile

and finallyyy, top of the listtttt.....

1. Mini Cooper (woohoo!)

Who can possibly hate this baby. Preferably in red or black-grey. However, the price is enough to sustain my shopping sprees for the next 10 years.

Money issues and all, I think I'll just stick to driving the family Accord la.

Its not that I don't like it. Its just that it's freaking long, so parking's a bitch. I like small selfish cars. heh.

But snapping myself back to reality, I'm not rich, so I can't possibly afford any of these until I start working, God-willing.

Besides, a bus ride to NUS costs 85cents.


-published at 4:30 PM.