A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Sunday, January 15, 2006
It has to stop, man.

I'm not sure if any of you are following the Bloglitics happening right in our very own local cyberia. I won't post up any links because I simply don't want to be involved (by trackbacks, etc) or contribute anything to the conglomerate of stuff hanging in cyberspace. I thought I could just keep mum about it, but I really cannot hold it anymore.

Seriously, I think if you've got a famous blog, all the more you should be weary of what you say. You can't just go around proclaiming your views like its Hyde Park, or say really controversial stuff that are bound to cause some form of furore because ultimately, in the end it is you who will have to face the music.

On another note, famous blog or not famous blog, controversial stuff should just not be in pixels. Paper diary, go ahead, but just not somewhere public.

Oh wells. Blogger in question did some ruthless impersonation on a blog filled with so much hate. I guess thats it then. The freedom of cyberspace. 60 year olds can say they're 18 in a teen chatroom, I can say I'm Bill Gates' secret wife, live in a 6 storey mansion, drive a limited edition Lamborghini, complete with (photoshopped)pictures and everyone will believe me. HAHA!

Like that's ever gonna happen.

Anyway I just think with the anonymity the internet provides, anything can be done. The person you communicate with over the net or the author of your favourite blog may not be exactly who he/she is. It sometimes really isn't a bad thing. Its only when sick people abuse it, then it becomes shitty.

Okay 8am lecture coming right up. Need to catch some sleep.


-published at 11:09 PM.