A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Saturday, January 20, 2007
DAH no more senget horizon!

These 2 photos should have been in the Basel edition but I forgot all about them. Heh.

Wait first let me explain the route.



So anyway we were from Basel and we were headed for Munich, thats München on the map.

The bus drove to St Gallen (!!) then up to Constance, and AROUND lake constance, or bodensee to Bregenz, Austria! I just found the whole crossing borders thing a fascinating experience. As in, you cross over to another country just to exit it to get to yet another country, know what i mean? Haha ok aku giler.

We stopped over in Bregenz for dinner, walked around a bit, nothing much to see..pretty much a typical European city.

I didn't take much photos because we were all so incredibly hungry.





But that's Bregenz for you. Haha okay now to the best part of the entire trip!



We kinda walked around town on CHRISTMAS EVE, which was like, the stupidest thing to do ever, because all the shops were closed. I'm at Marienplatz, the shopping paradise and I CAN'T BUY ANYTHING!! HOW SAD IS THAT!!!! We could only look at the displays and fantasize what it'd be like if we were wearing those clothes or shoes.


DEUTSCHLAND! I wished I'd hug the lion instead.

Plus the sky was getting funky.


Oh this is the glockenspiel which comes out and rotates and moves at 11am and 5pm.

Its a pity I didn't record the moment because I was going crazy at Zara (after Christmas when the shops were open). The Zara there has cosmetics!! COSMETICS!!! I bought glitter eyeliner for 3.90 Euros/S$7.90!! HOW cheap is that!

And we were rushing for time so I thought I'd buy a truckload of those eyeliners in Frankfurt on the way home, but the Frankfurt Zara didn't have cosmetics. DANGZ.

Anyway back to the depressing day.




Haha! Remember Basel hostel! But these babes are fun ah. Doesn't Terina(to the right of me) look adorable? haha. Anyway Jiesi(Extreme left) is totally working on her honours project. I thought she was year 2 man.

We have Forever 21.

They have Forever 18.

Then we visited...


Oh sorry. I meant



I can't resist smart guys, you see. He was our guide and he took us around his playground..The chem department. He's working on his Ph.D. Does that scream hotness or what!


Ok sorry.

So anyway, I absolutely love their LTs! Since its the Chemistry department all their LTs are decorated Chem-ishly. Really cool, we all loved it. I thought ETH Zurich was da bomb, but move aside, ETH!

They have a mini lab at the front of the LT, so what you learn, you see for real. Is that COOLIOS or what! And they have three black boards, so once the prof is done with one he can raise it for all to see and continue writing on the bottom ones.


I swear I was taking a picture of the rising blackboard. I love it.

And check out the wall decorations!





And my personal favourite..



Look they even have the orbital energy level thingos. Damn cool.




We couldn't stop comparing the chairs to LT26 chairs. Same cinema-ish type, only MUCH(x infinity) better, newer and less (creakier and disgusting.)


They name their LTs after famous chemists. I took this photo specially for Alfian because he LOVES mispronouncing Buchner.

Haha okay I'll finish up with Dachau, castle-snow paradise that Neuschwanstein is and the hostel review.

Bis dann!

Labels:



-published at 1:31 PM.