A Summer afternoon in Schwarzsee

Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Arts Day!

Today is Wednesday. Wednesday is ARTS day for me! all my lessons today are in Arts.. 8-10 German lecture, 10-12 German tutorial (THATS 4 HRS OF GERMAN, BALLS!) then a 2-4 Singapore Society Lecture.

German Tutorial was SO much fun. Well the company. I had Adi and HoShan in my class! Frau Whats-her-Name wasn't very interesting. I would have preferred Frau Punkt-punkt ANYTIME man.

Then came SS lec, where Mukmin and Hafihz sat next to me. Mukmin, mukmin. WHERE exactly do I start.

Mukmin: Oh kau baru balik Switzerland? Which part did you go? I'm from Switzerland you know. I'm from the Italian speaking part.

Me: -gives whatEVER face-

Mukmin: Aper? Tak percaya eh? Let me tell you my family history. My family name is actually Giovanni. You know during the World War 2, Switzerland was neutral and all. And Mussolini was spreading his facist regime? So my nenek and datuks fled to Swiss.

Hafihz and I PRETENDED to be interested in his story and nodded regularly throughout the course of his story.

Me: Oh, is that so? So which part of Switzerland did you live in?

Mukmin: Excuse me! Its called CANTONS okay. And I lived in the Italian speaking part.

Me: YA LAH WHICH CANTON!

Mukmin: Its called Par-ser-deee-nah. (emphasis on the dee) [Me: BEDEK SEH. NO SUCH PLACE!] Really! So I think I want to go exchange also lah, you know, go back to my Italian roots. Rimas ah, sini, being around Malays. (padahal sendiri melayu)

And he starts blurting out Italian words, or at least speaking in an Italian accent for a good 15 minutes or so.

Freaking funny lah!

Me: What?! Do I look like a nerd to you?!

Mukmin: -zero hesitation & very coolly- Ya. Aper seh soalan macam gitu. Buat perangai eh?

Then when lecture ended,

Hafihz: Guten Tag!

Me: uhhh. Okay, same to you..

Mukmin: -sneezes- GESUNDHEIT!

Me: -in all niceness and sincerity- Mukmin, when you sneeze, -I'M- supposed to be the one saying GESUNDHEIT. Not you. You don't exactly say it to yourself.

Mukmin: -gives me the most whatever face in the world- Eh, WHAT-EVERRR eh. People in Pasedeenah do it this way okay!

And I thought people in pasedeenah speak italian.

HAHAH!!! OMG!!! He's TOO funny!! *cough* Ain awards nominee *cough*


-published at 4:42 PM.